[All my smart friends are doing this one. I don't want to seem stupid, so...]we come up with:
Go to Wikipedia and look up your birth day (excluding the year). List three facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year
( cited in Another Meme refed by madmerle )
- 1124 - David I becomes King of Scotland.
- 1509 - Pope Julius II places the Italian state of Venice under interdict.
- 1521 - Battle of Mactan: Explorer Ferdinand Magellan is killed by natives in the Philippines led by chief Lapu-Lapu.
- 1805 - First Barbary War: United States Marines and Berbers attack the Tripolitan city of Derna (The "shores of Tripoli" part of the Marines' hymn).
- 1813 - War of 1812: United States troops capture the capital of Ontario, York (present day Toronto, Ontario).
- Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse.
- 1986 - Captain Midnight (John R. MacDougall) hijacks HBO's satellite and transmits his own message to HBO viewers.
- 1759 - Mary Wollstonecraft, English activist and author (d. 1797)
- 1822 - Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of the United States (d. 1885)
- 1927 - Coretta Scott King, American civil rights activist and wife of Martin Luther King, Jr. (d. 2006)
- 1944 - Cuba Gooding, Sr., American musician (The Main Ingredient)
- 1613 - Robert Abercromby, Scottish Jesuit (b. 1532)
- 1952 - Guido Castelnuovo, Italian mathematician (b. 1865)
- 1965 - Edward R. Murrow, American journalist (b. 1908)
- 1996 - William Colby, American director of the Central Intelligence Agency (b. 1920)
And it is such a lovely day to be in existence On....